Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God's Word is Trustworthy

This section of Psalm 119 is personal and made me think of speaking out for God.  Do you do that?  When you see a wrong or something that you know is not the right way, do you speak up?  Do you do the right thing when given the option, or do you go with the flow?  These verses tell us that the author seeks God and his truths.  I am at fault with not opening my mouth because I don't want to argue.  I also always think I don't know enough to have a good "argument".  I need to be more like verse 42; So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, For I trust in Your word.  Do you trust in God's word?  That is a goal, to always trust in his word, no matter what.

 41 May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD,
Your salvation according to Your word;
42 So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.
43 And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I wait for Your ordinances.
44 So I will keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.
45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
46 I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings
And shall not be ashamed.
47 I shall delight in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments,
Which I love;
And I will meditate on Your statutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment