Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Psalm 119:33 - 40

I hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day.  We did.  It was hot, but a lot of fun.  We even took time to honor those who died for our freedom, and for Christ, who died for our souls.  Thank you to all.

I like these verses, especially the first four.  Teach me God, your commands, give me understanding, help me walk in your path of understanding, and lead my heart to you and your honesty.  It makes me think about what it is God expects from us.  It makes me realize that what we should be is teachable, knowledgeable, leadable and available to God.  Is that what you are?

 33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law
And keep it with all my heart.
35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies
And not to dishonest gain.
37 Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity,
And revive me in Your ways.
38 Establish Your word to Your servant,
As that which produces reverence for You.
39 Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your ordinances are good.
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me through Your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment