Monday, June 6, 2011

Chester Rainey

This month, I will be writing on men that are special to me.

Psalm 119:72

The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

Chester L. Rainey

In the late 70s, early 80's, my dad invested in silver.  Every night, I'd watch the news, waiting for the stock reports and for a report on if silver was up or down.  I'd watch as it seemed that silver kept going lower and lower, until, it was nothing more than mere cents.  Then I'd giggle and tease dad about what a great investment he made.  But he actually made much better investments than that little bit of silver he tried to invest in.  He invested in our family.  He lived his life as a good man, an upstanding citizen and a great father.  Dad has invested his time, his love, and his teachings of what he has learned in me, my husband, my kids and all that know him. That is better than gold or silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment