Monday, June 27, 2011

...He will keep your soul.

Psalm 121


 1 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

 5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand.
6 The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
8 The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever. 


One of my favorite verses is from my all-time favorite movie, The Sound of Music.  Maria, the nun, has realized she is in love with her boss, and runs back to hide at the abbey, not sure what she should do.  Mother Superior helps her see what she needs to do, by facing her fears, reciting the first two verses of this chapter. 

If you go on in this chapter, you see that God is your protector.  He won't let you fall, he will let you rest in peace, he will shade you from the hot sun, and  keep your soul.  We all need that reassurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment