Thursday, June 9, 2011

Elery Williams

Elery Williams

Psalm 119:89 -90
89 Forever, O LORD,
Your word is settled in heaven.
90 Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations;
You established the earth, and it stands. 


My maternal grandfather was a kind and loving man.  He was a farmer all his life.  I loved going out to the farm and helping with the harvest, or sitting in the yard under the crabapple tree eating watermelon with family and anyone who would come to visit.  These verses reminded me that my grandpa taught several generations about good work ethics, how to save money, and always have a sense of humor.  He worked the land, shared with friends and family and was a wonderful grandpa.  Because of him, my dad, my Grandpa Rainey, and my husband, I have a wonderful vision of how a father should be and I think that helps me relate to God as my father, not just some judge and jury of my actions and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment