Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Someone is Watching You

James Bush

When I was a young, Cincinnati Christian College (then Cincinnati Bible College) had a quartet of young men that traveled around putting on concerts.  There were called  The Sons of Light and they were wonderful!  One of the men, some of you may know.  His name is James Bush and he use to live over in the Hillsboro area (I'm not sure where he is now).  He volunteered as a camp counselor, and he would put on concerts.  His ministry showed me that he walked the walk and talked the talk.  He was an encourager, a teacher, and seemed just an all around great guy.  I so appreciated knowing him and though I didn't have a lot of contact with him, what I saw of him impacted me.  So even though you may not know it, others are watching.  What do they see of you?  Do they see a seven-day-a-week-follower of Jesus or a Sunday only person?  What do your children see?

Psalm 119:121 - 128
121 I have done justice and righteousness;
Do not leave me to my oppressors.
122 Be surety for Your servant for good;
Do not let the arrogant oppress me.
123 My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation
And for Your righteous word.
124 Deal with Your servant according to Your lovingkindness
And teach me Your statutes.
125 I am Your servant; give me understanding,
That I may know Your testimonies.
126 It is time for the LORD to act,
For they have broken Your law.
127 Therefore I love Your commandments
Above gold, yes, above fine gold.
128 Therefore I esteem right all Your precepts concerning everything,
I hate every false way.

No comments:

Post a Comment