Friday, June 10, 2011

Mr. Day

Mr. Day

Psalm  119:102-104
I have not turned aside from Your ordinances,
For You Yourself have taught me.
 How sweet are Your words to my taste!
Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
 From Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way. 


I am terrible in math.  I was very lucky that my dad could do math and teach me how to do it.  When I was in ninth grade, I had a math teacher, Mr. Day.  Mr. Day got through to me.   He taught me algebra.  I understood it, I liked it, and I rarely asked my dad for help.  My dad even went in and thanked him for helping me.  Mr. Day touched my life in a way most people couldn't.  I am not even sure how he did it, but what he did made sense to me.  Maybe he was like my dad. Maybe I was primed and ready.  All I know is that is the only class I had in math, that I did well in.

No comments:

Post a Comment