Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Henry DeBord

Henry DeBord

Psalm 119:73
Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments. 


With each section of Psalms 119, I am beginning to love it more.  And the minute I read verse 73, Henry DeBord came to my mind.  When I was a very young girl, maybe six or seven, Henry and his lovely wife, Elizabeth, were members of our church, with Henry being an elder.  He was a tall man.  I don't remember what we were doing, but one Sunday, I think I handed him a bulletin and realized that he was missing fingers.  As a little girl that frightened me.  He was different.  I looked up at him and he patiently told me how he lost his fingers.  He held up his hand and I realized that no matter what, he was still Henry, a wonderful man of God that had lots of wisdom, humor and character.  Henry was in construction (I think) and this verse brought him to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment