Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Protector

Psalm 119: 145 - 152

145 I cried with all my heart; answer me, O LORD!
I will observe Your statutes.
146 I cried to You; save me
And I shall keep Your testimonies.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I wait for Your words.
148 My eyes anticipate the night watches,
That I may meditate on Your word.
149 Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness;
Revive me, O LORD, according to Your ordinances.
150 Those who follow after wickedness draw near;
They are far from Your law.
151 You are near, O LORD,
And all Your commandments are truth.
152 Of old I have known from Your testimonies
That You have founded them forever. 


All of these verses make me think of the our protector.  I cry to You; save me and I will keep your testimonies.   I rise before dawn...I wait for Your words.  Each of us have a protector, our dad, our mom, a sibling, best friend, spouse.  Whoever it may be, they are the one we seek out when we messed up, when we need advice, or when we feel we have been wronged.  God is our main protector, though and we need to seek him and his advice before anyone else. He has given us his advice through the Bible, but most of us do not take the time to read it.  I urge you to start doing that today. By doing so, you can come on some incredible examples of what God wants us to do and what happens to those who do not follow his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment