Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Husband

Mike Fox

Most men I know seem invincible.  I know that isn't necessarily true, but we all know the men in our lives want us to think that.  But how many men do you have that show their weak sides?  Verse 81 of Psalm 119 says, "My soul languishes for Your salvation; I wait for Your word."  I read verses 81 through 88 today and thought, "Who does this sound like?  I couldn't come up with anyone.  But then, I looked up the word languish and read that verse over and over.  The world languish means to grow weak.  I think of this verse as not as much as a being weak, but vulnerable.  So one of the most vulnerable men I know is my husband.  I love his sensitive side.  He doesn't usually show it, especially to the kids, but he is a big, ol' softy.  We can watch a movie, and I look over and he is tearing up.  He let's me know where he needs help, where he needs improvement and he is always wanting to do things to better our situation, or his situation.  I do love him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment