Thursday, June 23, 2011

James R. Reese

This is the last post about the men that have touched my life.  I have had fun reminiscing with you about how they have touched me.  This last man, was the minister at my church when I turned my life over to Christ.  He was a big, burly man with white hair, a commanding voice and a smile that was as big as he was.  He was passionate about God, his family, and his church.

I was in 5th grade when I came into the family of God.  Jim came to our house and talked with me and my parents.  I am a very emotional person, so I cried when I tried to ask if my Dad could baptize me. His years with our church are some that I will never forget.  He was there when lightning hit the steeple and it ended up in the middle of the santuary.  It was fun to watch him sing "On The Wings of A Dove".  His wife was very supportive and a strong Christian woman herself.  When news came of my Grandpa Rainey having six weeks to live, I cried and cried.  I was immediately sent over to the Reese's house, along with my sister so my parents could  make arrangements for us to go to him.  I found comfort, love, acceptance, and fun all in one place. 

Psalm 119:169 - 176
169 Let my cry come before You, O LORD;
Give me understanding according to Your word.
170 Let my supplication come before You;
Deliver me according to Your word.
171 Let my lips utter praise,
For You teach me Your statutes.
172 Let my tongue sing of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.
173 Let Your hand be ready to help me,
For I have chosen Your precepts.
174 I long for Your salvation, O LORD,
And Your law is my delight.
175 Let my soul live that it may praise You,
And let Your ordinances help me.
176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment