Thursday, June 2, 2011

Be a Messenger

When I am down, don't know where to turn, or just agitated, I try and quiet myself to listen for God.  That may be through a song, through His Word, or through someone being his messenger.  Today, I think we do not hold much regard for messengers of God, AKA prophets.  But As we learned in the beginning of the year through the spiritual gifts lessons, you can be a prophet.  You may not hear God's voice telling you exactly what to say, but you may be able to talk to them about what they are going through using God's Word or your own experiences.  This makes verse 50 of Psalm 119 interesting to me.  God's word can comfort us and renew our spirit.  Your words of encouragement can be used to lift someone up. 

Psalm 119:50
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
That Your word has revived me.

No comments:

Post a Comment