Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stick It on Your Car!

I spend way too much time in my car.  I drive an hour to and from work, 35 minutes to church and back, school functions, shopping, etc. Only my drive to and from work am I alone.  That is when I am least distracted. I see lots of bumper stickers, signs and personal license plate messages.  I even have one on my Edge now.  It says, STUDENT DRIVER.  I like to warn everyone that there is a new driver and that is why the car is acting like it is. Yesterday on my way home from work, I saw a sticker on the back window of a vehicle.  It said   

3:16 The numbers of Love.

Isn't that just a wonderful thought?  Now why didn't I think of that?  of all the numbers and ways to say it, someone had a brilliant idea.  Of course, I am not sure if the word John was anywhere on that sign, but that is because I knew immediately what that meant.  I mean, the only book I have been exposed to that has every chapter and verse numbered is the Bible.  But what about those poor souls who haven't been informed?  Would they look at this and ask "What does that mean?"  How can three little numbers and a colon say so much? 

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That is one of the first verses I put to memory.  That verse tells me that God loves me.  That verse is Love.  Thank you to the person who made this sticker.  My only question is, where do I get one?

4 comments:

  1. His love is so hard to understand. We don't deserve it. We don't appreciate it. Yet He gave it ALL so that we could have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always reading license plates and stickers trying to figure some of them out. Way to go! I agree, that is a great one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite verses. I have a card I received while in a special early morning scripture study class we called seminary (about 14 years ago). It has that verse on it and I stil have it tucked in my scripture case.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete