Thursday, April 15, 2010

Attitude Check!

Time has flown by.  We are planning for the Mother/Daughter banquet, the end of the school year, spring sports are in full swing, and VBS is just around the corner for us.  If you let it, busyness can alter your attitude.  You can begin to be cynical about life and what your priorities are.  Where do your priorities lie? 

Looking at my life and seeing it from my children's perspective, I see that it is all about church, work and school.  We have school for them, work for Mike and I and church interspersed throughout.  We are trying to teach them that you have to work for what you want.  You have to do things you don't want to do, but know you need to do.  You have to do things with the right attitude.  If they hear us complain about work, or another school project, or another church service, what does that show them?  I need to change.  I need to let my kids see that work/school or whatever the situation is, is necessary.  If that can not be done, maybe it is time for an attitude check.

When you hear your spouse or children complaining, listen to what they are saying. Is what they are saying sounding like things you say or think about your situation?  Maybe they are getting it from you and you do not even realize it.  I know that my kids have picked up things I have stated or thought out loud and it has surprised me.  It makes me shameful.  So what I need is an attitude adjustment in certain areas.  I pray that God will show me the changes I do not know I need and help me with the ones I am praying about.  I hope you will do the same.


Philippians 2:3 - 8

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.  Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment