Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't Get Mouthy!

Today has been a crazy day.  I have taken inventory, phone calls, packages, emails, faxes, etc.  You know, everything a receptionist should do.  I have made a couple of mistakes, but I have corrected them.  This is the first time I have been able to take a deep breath all day.  Things have been coming at me all day.  I feel like a ninja, knocking down each task and taking a punch once in a while. 

Christianity can be compared to this.  You are going along, doing your own thing and suddenly there is an obstacle.  Maybe it's something someone said (that you took the wrong way), maybe it's a choice that you hurriedly made and now it seems to be the wrong one.  It could be anything.  But we have to roll with the punches.  It's like trying to keep your kids on the right path.  You try to let them make their own decisions and as they grow up and their personalities come out, you want to nurture them. 

Timm has a mouth on him that is going to get him in a lot of trouble one of these days.  Timm has an opinion about everything from politics to football.  He usually has a pretty good handle on what is going on in most arenas. But once you get him started, the mouth starts going and sometimes the brain shuts down.  Teaching him to be sensitive to others is one of the hardest things to teach.  If he thinks something is wrong, he lets you know in no uncertain terms.

I think God thinks that I am the same way sometimes.  If I think something is not the way I want it or just not the right way, I will stew about it.  I will talk a lot about it to God and let him know what I think.  I am an adult and I try not to let others know about my anger, though I do have those I vent to.  But God, each time, gently uses the problem to teach me a lesson I need.  It usually is something that really isn't as big a deal as I made it out to be.   Sometimes I don't want to quickly accept it as a I should.  I am getting better at it, though.  Being sensitive is a sensitive subject.  Maybe both Timm and I need some extra sensitivity training.

Galations 6: 1-5
Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another.
For each one will bear his own load.

3 comments:

  1. the placewe go to doesnt use MSG!! thanks for the comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me that I learned the hard way to stop praying for patience!haha God always gave me a trial in response. (On the bright side, everyone tells me I have the patience of a saint.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good reminder for me. I admire you being so heartfelt on your blog. Spiritually can be so personal, but there is such a strength in sharing, what great faith you have! thanks for your comments on my blog, blessings, Kristin

    ReplyDelete