Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bunny vs. Crow

As I pulled in to the parking spot this morning, I saw a crow swoop down and grab something furry.  As I watched with wonder, the crow landed again.  It held the furry creature down with i's claws and picked and pecked at it with that black beak.  The victim struggled to get away.  It squirmed and twisted, trying to aggravate the black feathered villain.  The crow grabbed it up and tried to fly with it again.  Again it set it down in the middle of the lane, where the cars drive to get to the parking lot itself.

As I got out of my vehicle and walked closer to the crime, I saw that it was a cute, brown baby bunny.   I wasn't angry or mad, just sad.  This is how life goes.  I walked over toward the predator and its prey, and the crow hopped off the bunny.  The bunny just laid there for a couple of seconds.  I stood there and told it to get up.  I looked at the crow and told it to leave.  It flew up to the closest tree to keep watch over its victim.  The injured animal struggled to flip over on to its stomach and hopped a few steps.  Stopped, laid back down and tried again.  I again told it to get up and go.  It tried again.  It hopped a few feet and then a few more, stopped and rested.  It's back or hind legs were hurting and injured.  I watched as it went under a parked car, headed toward safety.  Then I walked into the building.

I am a little amazed at what I saw.  Usually you have to be quick and only see these things on Animal Planet or something.  But to see that crow and bunny be apart of the food chain in action makes me realize that we can't always protect the weak.  We all have good causes and try to help them out when we can, but usually they have to make their own way in the world.  We give to charities, collect coats, buy things during the holidays, bring in non-perishable food items, but still it doesn't always seem to be enough.  There will always be a need.  The biggest thing we can do is pray and keep giving.  Do not stop giving.  Give in the way you feel most comfortable and then give extra.  God will provide for you and you will never go without.  He blesses us more than we can imagine.

Luke 6:38
"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." 

Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving a comment :) I've been to See Foxes and now to here. They're both good! I too feel overwhelmed by the need sometimes. There will always been more children to sponsor, more homeless people to help, more bunnies to save! You're right though. Keep giving, keep helping. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete