Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day 2010

Today, driving in to work, I heard that it is Earth Day.  What comes to mind when you hear or heard this?  First I think, shouldn't every day be a day we recognize and try to better the earth/environment?  Do you recycle?  I recycle cans and glass.  At work, we have a guy, who every Friday, recycles all the paper we throw in a few boxes and dumps them in a recycling container somewhere on the premises.  Jokingly, the first time I saw him do that, I called him Recycle Man.    I told him he needed a green cape with a big letter R on it.  So now, every Friday as he walks past my desk, he says, "Recycle Man.  Recycle Man."

It is nice to take a few minutes to think about the earth.  But what I like to think about most is the verses in the Bible where it says that the earth will praise God.

Psalm 66:1
Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;

Psalm 69:34
Let heaven and earth praise Him,The seas and everything that moves in them.

 Psalm 100:1
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of the LORD,For His name alone is exalted;His glory is above earth and heaven.

And of course there is the praise song we all love, Shout to the Lord, by Darlene Zschech.  The chorus goes: 

Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountain bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.

I sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

Earth Day is okay, but I like that the earth and all within it praises God.  A much better scenario in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment