Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Season of Busyness

Today is the last day of September. So you are thinking, 'Big deal.' Well that means there are only three months left of this year. WOW! And they are always such busy times. With football, band functions, basketball starting, Thanksgiving, shopping, Christmas holidays, concerts, and New Year's Eve, it is amazing we will have time to breathe.

I don't see it as a man-I-am-busy kind of season, I see it as opportunities to spend it with those I like and love (and even some I don't like). I have lots of opportunities to show God's love to others and to help others. I am becoming less of a homebody and more of a on-the-go person. It makes me try and budget my time more wisely, make me plan my days and meals better and hopefully make better decisions in my life. It also makes me a little more stressful. With both kids in so many activities it makes for a careful coordination and cooperation with all of us. So we can do what we want and make sure we spend some quality, family time together.

God puts such seasons in our lives to make us appreciate the times we are slow, the times we spend together as a family, and to let us know that we are not in control. I hope that as we start toward the end of 2009, all of us can reflect on some of the important things of our lives and not on worrying on how to get it all done. If something doesn't get done, then it wasn't meant to be. But that's a whole other devotion!

Psalms 104:19 The moon marks off the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.

UPDATE: Dad is taking the meds that the doctor order him to. Mike talked to him yesterday and said that his voice and breathing are much better and he is eating more! This is wonderful news. Say a prayer of thanks to God for this and that he will have a complete recovery from all of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment