Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Clear Eyes, Full Heart

The last few mornings, I have woke up and felt like there is some kind of filmy glaze over my eyes. I am sure it is allergies and being outside in the evening so much because of football and other activities. It is a strange sensation not knowing if you are seeing clearly or not. I mentioned it to a co-worker today and she looked at me and said, "Maybe your glasses need cleaned." To which I replied, "Maybe."

Job 9:11 When he passes me, I cannot see him;
when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.

But I know that it not my glasses (though they probably do need cleaning). It is my eyes. I can feel them. They feel kind of heavy, and around the edges I seem to see a bit of fuzziness. I could be imagining it too. So do you know where I am going with this? Yep. Do you ever feel the fuzziness around your eyes when it comes to seeing God's plan for you? Of course you do. It is only natural that we as humans only look at the picture in front of us. Some of us have great peripheral vision, but that doesn't mean we always see the big picture around us. God knows where we are going, what we are doing and where we have been. He knows that we all long to see His face and that we sometimes do not know where to turn. Sometimes we take the wrong path. We see things that we think are there, but sooner or later, we know that it isn't like that.
Satan can blind us in so many ways, but we need to keep our eyes in God's Word and on His plan.

1John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

On the show FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, the football team has a saying that I love. "Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!" Maybe that is what we need. Clear eyes to see God and His plan with, a full heart to show God's love with, and then we can't lose to Satan!



No comments:

Post a Comment