Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pray for the Singer

This coming Sunday, I am singing for special music. The song I am singing is one that I found months ago and couldn't get out of my head. I actually did sing it on a Sunday night in July, twice, in fact. So for the 15 or 20 people that have heard it, I hope you will enjoy it this time.

This song is one I used in a devotion a while back, during Dad's treatments. It is called "God Is Good" and it is sang by the Southern Gospel Group, Legacy Five. It talks about how all through my life God has been good no matter what I have been through. There have been sadness, joy, pain, but no matter what, God has been good.

I have been practicing this song, but I can't get the words in my head. The chorus is easy, but the verses seem to throw me. I think it is because for me, they hit so close to home. This song talks about how with God you can face your greatest fears.

The problem I am having is that when I sing this song, I cry. I hate that. I love a song so much that I have to sing it, but I can't. I have been practicing this song for quite a while and it is never far from my thoughts. That is how much I love this song. I want to do a good job for God and for all of you that will be there to listen to it. I want to get the message across that God is good in my life and that is my testimony. But I don't want the tears that come from the feelings I have lose the translation. There have only been two other songs that I have sang or practiced that have done this to me. The first one, I sang several years ago called "Try Jesus". The other is one I have not sang yet. It is called "Another Soldier Is Coming Home". I is one that I can even talk about.

So pray for me this week as I practice and try to get this song ready for church. Pray that God will give me the strength to sing it, that his love will come through and that each of you will hear the words and appreciate the love for this song I have.

Psalm 13:6 "I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me."

1 comment:

  1. I will certainly pray for you. But I bet you will be wonderful and very moving.

    ReplyDelete