Monday, September 28, 2009

To See God

Last week, I received several messages from Facebook. I have a Facebook page, but lately I have been so busy I have not been on it to update it. One message said, "Chester XXXXXX has added you as a friend on Facebook." Another one said that "Arretta XXXX has sent you a message on Facebook." Okay, that is my parents. My mom's message was something like I have no idea what I am doing on this, but I have added the kids and thought it would be nice to add you too! This is just too funny to me. My parents are starting to catch up with some of the technology of future generations. Even my kids started asking me why grandpa and grandma had sent them messages on Facebook.

As humans we have a need for that contact. We have a need to reach out a touch someone in any way we can. Though it seems impersonal, the computer is becoming the choice of a lot of older people to stay in touch and reconnect with lost friends. In fact, my sister found one of our exchange students email address. Some of you will remember Gisella from Brazil. Dad called her Zeke. I just emailed her, so hopefully I will get an email back and can fill you in on some news from her.

Another form of technology I love is my cell phone. Having my phone with me constantly is crazy, but I can keep in touch with friends and family by calling or texting. Keeping in touch with your family and friends is important, but there sometimes is that lost connection. Whether it be technical difficulties or what, we sometimes panic when we think people are ignoring us. So sometimes, face to face contact is important. That is what church does for us. We have that face to face with our Christian family. We can see their faces, their hurt or their joy. We can hear it in their voices when they lift them up in praise or when they hollar "Amen!" to agree with something that was said.

Psalm 11:7 For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.

Revelation 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

These verses give another dimension to God. Last week I stated that that song about God running to me was something I never thought about. These verses tell us that God will show you his face someday. How beautiful that will be! To look into his eyes and see the love and compassion. To see his nose, cheeks, and his chin. What an awesome sight it will be! I can't wait to see God. To touch him and give him a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment