Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Love Them

I am sad today. One of my favorite teenage crushes has died. Patrick Swayze, the actor who made dancing cool in the nineties, being a bouncer glamourous, and making us believe that love transcends death, has died. He was definitely an actor that I did enjoy watching on the big screen. How will he and the other actors of this year that have died be remembered?
There is quite a bit of controversy around Michael Jackson's death. Farah Fawcett may be remembered 20 years from now as a beautiful pin-up poster. Ted Kennedy will be history books, I am sure. But what about all the brave soldiers who died fighting in the war in Iraq and other countries around this globe? Family, friends and admirers will all miss them. Their names may be honored on a plaque in their hometown or in their family home. But you and I will never remember all of them. Only the people who have touched our lives in some way.
Do you want to remember someone in a special way? Do you want those around you to know how much you care? Tell them every day. This world needs more of us to tell each other that we love them and we care for them. I have a group of friends that I talked to just about every day. I have my family, but these people I make sure to tell every day that I am thinking of them or I care for them. It is now a habit that we all have. It makes me feel better that they know how I feel and that they are as comfortable telling me how they feel.
To each of you that read this, I want you to know that I appreciate you. I love you with the love of the Lord. James 2:8 "If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right."
Tell someone today how you really feel. You might be surprised in their reaction, or you might feel closer to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment