Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Encouragement

My mom, Allie and I love to watch Dancing With the Stars. And the last two evenings, we have watched four hours of this show. The first night all the men "stars" danced. The second night, all the women "stars" danced. I think the best performance of both nights has been Kelly Osbourne. Her partner, Louis Van Amstel is one of my favorite pros on the show and he knows how to teach ballroom! He made this young woman, that most of us who don't know her, like her. Kelly's dad and mom, Ozzy and Sharon, were there and Sharon cried after Kelly danced. She was so proud of her young daughter and the skills she has acquired.

Kelly is a bit shy, but she definitely made a good impression on me. What a beautiful Viennese Waltz she did. It was elegant, flowing and very nice to watch. Even my husband agreed! It was nice to see a mom and dad out there rooting for their daughter, no matter if she did good or bad.

I am glad and thankful that God is like that for us. He watches us and roots for us. He lets us know every day that he is proud of us. Even when we are not doing well at our tasks, he still encourages us to keep trying. Thank you, Lord for loving us and talking to us through Your Word, and through others.

Every day that I do this devotion, I am encouraged by each of you. I want to thank you for your support and love of me through this. I hope this is a blessing to each of you. Today, tell your children or spouse, or co-worker, or friend that they are great and encourage them to keep on.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment