Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Hooray! Today is the last day of summer hours. Honestly, I am happy about that. This day is not getting over fast enough either. For the past week I feel like I have been on edge. I don't know why. I can't sit still and I can't concentrate. I honestly think I miss being with my kids. But that is weird because they are in school and then at band practice and football practice. So they wouldn't be home anyway. I am thankful that tomorrow is a half day and then a long weekend.

Labor Day is here and I am appreciative to my company for giving me Monday off. I will be laboring at home with laundry and such, but as for celebrating Labor Day? Well, tomorrow night is a big Friday Night Lights football game, then two more games Saturday morning. Sunday is church and that evening is a get-together with my parents, family and friends. I hope to get to watch the WEBN Fireworks that are put on down on the Ohio River in Cincinnati. They are always a highlight. We turn up the radio, turn down the tv and watch them. So cool.

What does Labor Day mean to you? For me it means the end of summer. I do try to remember and appreciate God for letting me find a job and the abilities I have to do the job. That is always a good thought.

Psalms 90:17 "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands."

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment