Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Lord Gets Us Through

I received a wonderful email from a friend. Judy lost her husband and best friend one year ago yesterday. On top of that, this past week, her daughter lost her mother-in-law, so this has been extremely trying for her.

Do we remember those friends who may seem okay, but the anniversary of their loved ones death sneaks up and is on their mind but not ours? Do we seem careless and insensitive? Are we just forgetful? I know I can be. I thank God that he is a caring and wonderful God who orchestrates each moment of our lives if we let him. Here is what happened to Judy yesterday.

As many of you are aware it was one year ago yesterday that I lost my buddy. The coming of that day has been on my mind constantly for the last few weeks....wondering how I was going to get through it. I spent most of the day with Jennifer and her family going to a funeral for her mother-in-law. Of course, Jane was there...so I was with family even though..it was a very emotional day. I was able to do what I do best........ cooking for and nurturing my family. Was this a part of my healing process???? Yes, I think it was. So I made it through yesterday OK and then there was last night I had to get through, as he passed away at 5:15. It is amazing how our Lord works....I wondered all day how am I going to make it when 5:15 comes???? will I be able to stand it????I'll be by myself Lord, how am I going to make it???? etc, etc. At 5:07 my neighbor from 2 doors up knocked on my door, needing my help. Her stepmother had passed away (yes on September 23) and she needed my help in writing the obituary. I looked at her a told her "you know the Lord sent you here." Yes, He gave me a job to do, helping my neighbor! So I pulled David's obituary as a guide .......... and I was able to talk about him and help her at the same time, 5:15 rolled on by...... After she left I was OK. This is how our Lord works.....Thank You Lord! Yes, HE was there with me the whole time, why did I even think I would be alone!
Thanks to all who called, sent cards and prayed for me yesterday. Blessings, Judy


I can't believe that David has been gone a year. He was a funny, sweet man who loved his family, his church and most of all his God.

Thank you Judy, for letting me post this for everyone.

2 Samuel 22:33 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Amos 5:14 Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment