Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mercy and Grace - June 17, 2009

As a child, the most important thing I wanted to do was obey my parents. Well, usually I did. The first time I realized that I had really disappointed my parents, it hurt. And every time after that it hurt me to see the look in their eyes that I had failed them. The look of sadness and pain I had caused them would just cut me to the quick. So I would try harder to please them. I still have my moments where I disappoint people, but I try very hard, but I am human and I will fail.

I also fail God. I do not want to think about the look of pain in His eyes. Everyday, my mind wanders to things it should not, my mouth says things it should not, and my actions are not very becoming of a Christian. I try every day to ask for the forgiveness I don’t deserve, and every day, God’s grace and mercy fall upon like a waterfall; never ending and comforting. Praise the Lord!

Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

These verses just exemplify how God will show all who believe in Him and accept Him mercy and grace. Even when we sin, he will forgive us and grant us more mercy and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment