Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All I Need Is A Miracle - June 30, 2009

There was a song released in the 80’s called “All I Need Is A Miracle.” This song has been going through my head for the last 15 minutes as I was preparing to start this devotion. I was thinking about what to write about and I realized that I had not told you all how great God is and has been, and will be for our family. Dad went to the ENT last week and the doctor ran that scope down his nose and throat. He said that Dad’s throat is still really swollen and burnt, but he could not see the tumor!
Now, the skeptic in me says, “Well, maybe that is because it is so red and swollen. Maybe that is because he just can’t see it with all the phlegm down there. I won’t believe this until Dad’s PET Scan.” Why am I such a skeptic? I hate to get my hopes up and then have them dashed away. I would rather be surprised by happy news than saddened by news that things aren’t as good as they could be.

The chorus of this song is “All I need is a miracle, all I need is you. All I need is a miracle, all I need is you. All I need is a miracle, all I need is you.” Isn’t that the mantra for a lot of people today? If I get that miracle of healing, or whatever they are asking for, then I know that I need you. But what if they don’t get that miracle they want? I have said all along, that until all the results are in, I won’t believe anything. My soul is a little excited about this great news. And when I talked to Dad yesterday, his voice was the strongest it has been in months. Still gravelly, but I heard and understood every word on the phone with him. That’s exciting to me. Seeing the results of healing is always wonderful! It’s the process that is the killer.

I look at this song a different way. “Lord, all I need is you, a miracle is needed, but your will be done.” That is how this song should be sung by Christians. The Psalmist says in chapter 77:11 - 14 “I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."

So rejoice that so far, the cancer (to the eye) is not detected and Dad is getting stronger and in better voice every day. God’s been good!

No comments:

Post a Comment