Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beginnings June 1, 2009

Well, today marks the beginning of a few things. First, this is the beginning of my new ministry as a devotion writer. Now I know what you are thinking. Hey you have been doing that for the past 40 days. True, I have. But Dad’s treatments are over, though his journey is not. I will still chronicle his illness and how our family is dealing with it through these writings. But, at this time, he is in a recovery period. How long that will be is any one’s guess. Many of you have asked me to keep this going and I am honored, and humbled that you enjoy my writing. This is also the beginning of summer hours for me at work. We work four 9 hour days, Monday through Thursday, and four hours on Friday. Whoo-hoo! I hope I can survive the 9 hour days!

It is the beginning of a lot of young adults’ passage into “the real world”. I was talking to Lauren and Leslie Bowerman yesterday at Lauren’s graduation party. Lauren starts a new job “in the real world” being a daycare teacher. How exciting! Most of us probably don’t think of it as exciting, but for these young people, it’s their first taste of what life will be like in a few years. My hope for all of them is that they will rely on God to get them through the hardest part and remember to praise him for the easy stuff! My advice to them is that there will be a lot of times where you are so busy, you forget that God is there. He is standing there and you are so overcome with doubt, guilt, emotion, that you can’t even feel his arms carrying you. Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God. Isaiah 50:10.

As we walk through “the real world”, let us remember that we should be in it and not of it. If we trust in God, we will get through it by obeying His word and fearing Him.

Note: Dad and Mom came over last evening, just to get out of the house. Dad said that his throat hurt less, but his voice is still a whisper. Keep praying that his voice, vocal chords, muscles, and body start to heal.

Today, pray for the youth of today. May they find their way with God. May we be able to guide them in a Godly manner that is pleasing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment