Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Doctors and Nurses - July 17, 2009

Dad went to the chemo doctor for an update yesterday. He said that he had lost another 3 to 4 pounds and the doctor asked him when he was going to stop losing weight. I told Dad that I would have told him “when my throat stops hurting and I can eat.” Dad agreed with that. Other than that, the doctor told him he was doing great. Dad feels good and other than not being able to eat much he is still on the mend. Praise the Lord!

Mending and healing is always been something that amazes me. Doctors learn so much and solve so many problems. They have to keep up with the latest and greatest in their field. Most of them are experts at something. It is truly amazing. It is a little scary too. What if they miss something? What if the medicine doesn’t respond right. Lot’s of what if’s going on. I am so glad that our God doesn’t play the what if game. In Acts 10 verses 37 and 38 Peter tells what and how Jesus did what he did. "You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him."

I am thankful that God gave Jesus the power and gives doctors (and nurses) the knowledge and will to want to be in the profession. I sure could not do that. So next time you see a doctor or nurse, thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment