Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God the Father - June 19, 2009

This coming Sunday is Father’s Day. I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a husband who is a good father to his children. He supports them, loves them and wants to be with them. I have a father who is a great dad to me and Mike. Even though he’s been ill and feels like his body has been run through the ringer, he still has tried to always be someone I can count on. He loves me, cares for me and does what he can for me. I love both of these men.

I have another Father too. Though I can not physically see him, I know he’s there. I can sense he’s there. He adopted me as his own. He wrote me a love letter and he gave the ultimate sacrifice for me and for you. I don’t know many Father’s who would do that. Take some time this weekend and thank your dad for all he’s done for you. It’s was a hard job raising us to be Christian men and women, but somebody had to do it.

Galatians 3: 26 – 27 says “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.”

It is through our faith and obedience that we are sons (and daughters) of God. What a reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment