Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living Normally - July 6, 2009

Well this is the week of nothing being normal. Vacation Bible School is starting tonight. Thanks to all those who helped set up last night. It was a lot of fun and it looks great! I hope you will come and be part of the biggest outreach our church has. It is a lot of fun and the kids aren’t too bad to deal with (usually). There are still needs of leaders and helpers.

The normalcy of this week is going to be hard to come by. I am back working 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, I will get home, change and shoot to church the first three nights. In the middle of this I need to stay up late and pack and get things ready for our vacation. I also have to train someone to take my place for this latter part of this week and the first three days of next week. So much for my summer not being busy. LOL.

Being normal is not in my vocabulary. Ask anyone who knows me. I don’t usually go for the run of the mill stuff. I like to root for the underdog, I don’t care if I fit in with everyone else and well let’s face it, I don’t think like most people. I don’t mind. I’ve never been the kind of person who cares much about what others think of me. I like that I am comfortable in my own skin. My God has made me that way. He tells us not to conform to the world. Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

I hope that each of you in your own way tries to be your own person and not worry about what others think. It makes my life a bit less stressful when I only have to answer to God and my own conscious. I do stay accountable to the very close knit group I have formed, but ultimately my normal life should come from the Christian living.

No comments:

Post a Comment