Friday, July 24, 2009

His Lovingkindness Endures Forever

This morning, I read Psalm 136. It's a poem or song that is fixed on one main thought. God's love is everlasting. No matter what you do, no matter what He has done, no matter that you sin and fall away, repent and come back, He will always love you. What a better way to keep your spirits up than with this thought?

This Psalm focuses on every aspect of God. The author begins by reminding us to be thankful for everything. He then talks about God as the creator of all things, the One who saved His people from everything, our Savior. After each line, the author says, "His lovingkindness is everlasting." How can we ever forget that? Are you thankful to Him that gives you the day and the night? Do you thank him for specific things or are you someone who just says thank you? I have read that if you write down what you are thankful for and keep a record, you won't really be able to comprehend all that God has done for you. But, it is a good way to start being more exact in what you want to thank Him for. Maybe start with five or 10. I'll start and then if you want, email them to me and we can make this a habit.

I am thankful to God for...
1. The love that Mike still has for me after almost 19 years of marriage.
2. Allie, Timm and Jaci
3. My Mom and Dad
4. This job
5. That I am able to type this devotion every day.
6. That somebody likes to read what I type.
7. My Christian upbringing
8. The time I can spend alone.
9. This country and our freedom
10. My new car.

His lovingkindness endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment