Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wisdom

Are you keeping up with your daily Bible reading? I am trying, but I confess, I am not doing the one set forth by Michael Dawson, our Associate Minister*. I have been reading through my Bible on a two-year plan, I am at Proverbs 8. It is an interesting chapter about wisdom. It starts out on what King Solomon says about wisdom and ends as if wisdom was talking to us.

I like that wisdom is described as being with God during the creation of the earth and how it rejoices with God and delights in us. Since with God "all things are possible" (Matthew 16:26 & Mark 10:27), how can we deny that wisdom is not important? How can we say that "ignorance is bliss"? To not want to learn about things and have that knowledge to use when you need it, is like denying God. We can not help people and situations if we do not know what kind of advice to give. God gives us the choice to learn and use our brains and helps us with the words we need to give sound advice, but do we have ability to think quick enough to get out a situation or diffuse a situation. Use wisdom. It comes with time, experience and God.

Proverbs 8:10 - 12
10"Take my instruction and not silver,
And knowledge rather than choicest gold.
11"For wisdom is better than jewels;
And all desirable things cannot compare with her.
12"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And I find knowledge and discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment