Friday, January 15, 2010

Rest in the Lord

This has not been a happy week. many of my friends and acquaintances are going through a lot of awful things. Death, divorce, devastation...to name a few. And it has wore me down. Yesterday, my emotions got the better of me at times. I was melancholy, teary, and tired. By the end of the day, I just went home, sat on the couch and tried to sleep it all away. That doesn't work, but it did make me feel a little better.

This morning, I got up and am in a much better mood today. Sleep is a good thing. Rest is something that the Lord says we can do in him. My motto usually is, "I can sleep when I am dead."

Psalm 55: 4 - 8

4 My heart is in anguish within me;
the terrors of death assail me.

5 Fear and trembling have beset me;
horror has overwhelmed me.

6 I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest-

7 I would flee far away
and stay in the desert;
Selah

8 I would hurry to my place of shelter,
far from the tempest and storm."

I look at our church building as a place of shelter. A place where I can go and get away from all the horrendousness of the world. I pray that you will find peace with all that is going on in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment