Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ramblings

Last night after supper, we were sitting around the table, just relaxing, waiting to go to choir practice. It was me, Mike, Allie and Timm. Allie pulled out a small book and started talking about it. At first, she started talking about rules of the road and things that should be checked out. Then she starting talking about safety rules with motorcycles and mopeds. She didn't say mopeds, and thought it was something else.

Listening to her excitement and how carefully she is trying to read through this, I giggle. I don't remember being that enthused about driving. In fact, I believe my mother forced me to chauffer her and my sister almost everywhere we went. I am not sure why I was not wanting to drive, but obviously, now I am glad I do. I am in my vehicle a lot, over two hours a day most days. Back to Allie, to be young and have your whole life still ahead of you is exciting. In just a few short days she will be 15 and a half. So all of you on the roads, I have two words for you. WATCH OUT! Another new driver will be on the loose.

Last night at church, my father asked me if I felt better. I told him I felt fine. Then I asked him why he thought I feel bad. He told me my devotion yesterday. I told him, I felt fine, but everyone around me seems to be having a lot to deal with and I felt the need to pray. I still do. Things seem to be getting worse for some and my heart is heavy with sadness.

Today pray for the Lambing Family, the Greer Family (co-workers of mine), the Arnold family, the Fox family, the Peek family, Ashley, the people of Haiti and the people trying to get in and help the Haitians. Right now there is so much strife in the world. I am trying not to dwell on it.

Psalms 55:9 Confuse the wicked, O Lord, confound their speech, for I see violence and strife in the city.

This is from Barb Grever, who has worked with NW Haiti Christian Mission: If you want to send a donation, please sent it to either the address listed or Matthew 25 in Blue Ash (Channel 19 has their address listed on their website). Please do not send donations to the Red Cross or any other organization because the money will not get to the people who really need it.

Northwest Haiti Christian Mission

P.O. Box 829

Versailles, KY 40383

No comments:

Post a Comment