Friday, January 22, 2010

Jesus Has a Rocking Chair

Psalm 139:13-16

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


I love this passage of scripture. My favorite parts of this is the verses 14 and 15. I love to think of little babies who are yet to be born and know that God has fearfully and wonderfully made them. That they are seen by God in the "secret place". God saw you before you were ready to see him.

This coming Sunday is known as Right To Life Sunday. I mourn the children that never had a chance to be able to see this world, to know earthly, loving parents, or just breathe. I sing a song about a young girl who aborts her child because she didn't have the guidance and was confused. But in the end, she knows that she can be forgiven and Jesus loves her and her unborn child. Jesus, the greatest parent a child could have. The song portrays Jesus as a loving parent, who sits in a room with all the children that have gone on to heaven and rocks them to comfort them and love them. A room, with nothing in it but a rocking chair. I can see, in my mind's eye, my picture of Jesus, holding a baby, cooing to him/her, and slowly rocking back and forth.

"Jesus has a rocking chair.
And he holds that little baby
With oh, such tender care.
He takes the place of Mom and Dad,
He's the greatest parent a child could have.
Don't worry about the children there,
Jesus has a rocking chair."

lyrics by Tony Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment