Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Be an Ant

Proverbs 6: 6
Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise,

Who is the busiest person you know? We all know this person. They work full-time, run their kids to practice and friends houses, go to church, are on committees, and finding time for their friends. At least we assume they are doing all this. How much of this is applies to you? Are you seemingly busy all the time? Do you keep going at a quickened pace? Do you ever slow down and do something for you? When you keep busy, do you at least keep to what needs done and not what happens to get in the way?

Where do you draw that line? I try and set priorities. I try and put God and family first, then my job. But in the process, certain things don't get done like I think they should. The house is usually a mess, or at least dusty and in need of something. I have a stack of mail that needs attention, and I seem to lack in sleep. On the other hand, I think I have a pretty good family life, I am still learning to be a Christian, and I still have a job. I think I am really busy, so when I do get a quiet moment, I take it. I spend it in prayer, or in a book, or just having quiet time for myself. Take last night for instance. After taking Timm to the chiropractor (shout out to Dr. Hakes!), I came home and began fixing supper. I changed into my jammies, did dishes, a couple of loads of laundry and then I just sat down for a couple of hours. I tried to finish a book, watch my favorite show on tv, and relax. I had no place I needed to be, so that was my relaxing. It doesn't sound like much, but it was nice.

Being busy is good, but having that quiet time or the down time is good too. I think I prefer being busy. What about you?

Today, pray for Jim Cox, Jack Wetzig and the Betty Jeffrey family.

No comments:

Post a Comment