Monday, November 2, 2009

Thank You Lord, For Your Blessings On Me

Well, a new month, and I think I am going to try to do each devotion centered around Thanksgiving.

Today is the first Monday of the month. Everyone here in the office seems to have gotten here early and going strong. I do not know if it is because it is the new month or if it is because it is a new week or if there is a new feel because of the quickly approaching holiday. But there is a different feel today.

As I was reading verses about thanksgiving from Psalms, I noticed that a lot of them also had the words that gave you the idea that people were to sing also.

Psalm 42:4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 95:2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 147:7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.

So today as you think of what has made you thankful today, remember this song by the Easter Brothers, "Thank You Lord, For Your Blessings On Me" by Jeff Easter.

As the world looks upon me, as I struggle along
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Chorus

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Verse II

Now I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes , they're not new
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you
And to me that's all that matters, though the world cannot see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Repeat Chorus, then:

Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

No comments:

Post a Comment