Monday, November 9, 2009

Thankful for the Christmas story

This morning, I was driving to work, thankful that there was Christmas music on the radio. I enjoyed listening to the different arrangements and the message of Peace on Earth during the birth of our Savior. I know it is early, but I am thankful for this time of year that we can reflect on these things.

Christmas music this early in the season is a nusiance to some, but for me it is calming and soothing. I love the familiarity of the songs, the introduction of a few new ones and that we only hear them this time of year. Well, I listen too them a lot more than most throughout the year. It drives a lot of people crazy, but for me it is the reassurance of God's promise to us. It started with Jesus and ends with us. Jesus came to earth to be like us, but to be perfect and sacrifice himself. We end the promise that never ends by either accepting or rejecting it. I hope that each of you reflect on the child in the manger, the angels singing, the baby that changed the world.

I am so thankful for this true story of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment