Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thank you for not judging me...

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting. - Author Unknown

I like this saying. Do you remember what you gave someone? Everyday, I give smiles and pleasant conversations to those who call in and walk by my desk. I try and remember to do that, but I don't usually recall who I have talked too or what I said to them. The other day, I answered the telephone, "Good Afternoon! PEDCO E & A Services."

The person on the other line said, "It is so nice to hear your smile." Wasn't that nice of them to say? It made me want to do that more, you know, to let people hear my smile. I am blessed to be able to talk to so many people and maybe make their day a bit brighter.

Someday, we will give an account of all we did on earth. A lot of what I have done I am not proud of, but if I can account for a little bit of the good I did, I hope I can say that I made someone smile. But what I would rather do when I am standing in front of God, is to tell Him of all the wonderful things you have done for me. I would rather tell of how you made me smile. How you were thoughtful and how much I appreciate you.

1 Peter 4:5 But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment