Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful for our Giving

Yesterday at church, our members gave bags upon bags of food to help the church food pantry. Our church is recognized among the county for helping those down on their luck. I am thankful for that. I am thankful that if I ever get in a bind, I will know where to go and who to talk to about that.

Our giving is a wonderful thing. It not only helps others, but it gives us a sense of ownership toward helping. I hope it doesn't raise our pride, but just give us that awareness of knowing that one day it could be me.

Matthew 6:1 - 4 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment