Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank a Veteran

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.

I like this saying. It says a lot about the shape of our country. Everyday, men and woman around the globe are in Amerian military uniforms, doing their jobs to keep us free and feeling safe. Today, we should set time aside to thank them. They are special people. I know that I was not brave enough to do it. Many of my relatives were and are. My father, several of my uncles, my grandfather, my cousins and especially my daughter have or are now serving our country. Schools and cities are holding services to honor the Veterans. Several restaurants are giving free meals away to them. I even heard that Xavier University is giving our veterans free basketball tickets! How cool is that?

But you don't have to do that. All you have to do is thank one of them or everyone of them you see. So Jaci, Dad, Uncle Bob, and the countless others that shall go nameless, THANK YOU! What you did and what you are doing is a wonderful thing. I pray for you. I thank God for each of you.

Let's remember that God gave each of them the ability to serve and that they all have a faith that God will see them through. As the saying goes, 'There are no aetheist in foxholes.' Our country could not go on without God. So praise be to Him to help us keep the faith.

Isaiah 36:5 You say you have strategy and military strength—but you speak only empty words. On whom are you depending, that you rebel against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment