Thursday, October 29, 2009

I was reading this morning a devotion on communion. The author stated that it was Christ's supper and he has invited us to eat with him, because of him. He sacrificed everything for us. What have you sacrificed? I know that I have and will never give enough of myself to deserve his love. But he gives it to me anyway.

Can any of us understand that kind of love and devotion? I think very few of us understand. I know I will never understand. Soldiers understand, but even that is hard to fathom. In the Old Testament, the Israelites sacrificed animals. God sacrificed his son. Can you do that? I know I can't. I know God understands that and he wants my devotion to him in return. Being human, that is hard enough, but I am trying.

Genesis 22:2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

Hebrews 10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment