Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's my gift?

Okay, so today I took the Spiritual Gifts Analysis.  I was kinda surprised by the results.  I'm kind of laughing right now because it is probably more right on the money than I thought.  I scored highest in Showing Mercy and lowest in Administration.  I find this funny because I always tell my family that I have no sympathy for them if they are sick, and I am a Receptionist.  I'm suppose to be organized and do administrative type work.  Apparently I am in the wrong business.

In the explanation, it says that 'As a mercy-shower you have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by identifying with and comforting those who are in distress. You understand and comfort your fellow Christian. You enter into the grief or happiness of others and have the ability to show empathy which is to feel WITH others, not just for others.'  I can remember that when the NASCAR driver, Davey Allison died.  I watched the next race and saw all the somberness and the dedication done for him and I bawled.  I did the same thing when Glenn Payne of The Cathedrals died, and I especially did it when John Ritter died.   I usually do not try to feel for them, I just do.  My heart goes out to anyone in a sad state.

How can I use this gift?  First off, pray.  I have to ask God to put in my life what his will is for me in this area.  I can look around and see who is needing God's mercy.  Because it's not really my mercy. 

I still am a little baffled by this because, I don't see myself at that type of person.  I see hints of it every now and then.  Like if I see someone leave the service before it is over, I go check on them.  I get that.  For those of you who know me, am I like that?  I think maybe I messed up the test or something.  Have you been surprised by this test?  I thought my biggest gift would be the gift of prophecy or serving.  Serving is my third biggest gift.  But prophecy is one of the lowest.  Maybe I do not know myself as well as I think.    Take the test and see how you see yourself.  Then let God use you in the right place at the right time.  His time.    

Ecclesiastes 3:1   
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

No comments:

Post a Comment