Thursday, March 3, 2011

Using What God Gave You

Apparently this week, I am veering away from Psalms.  I guess it is good to take a break once in a while.  In my last devotion, I talked about how I didn't see myself as showing mercy.  But several of you spoke up and proved me wrong!  Thank you for that.  My second strongest gift is Shepherding/Pastoring.  Now I never saw myself as a leader.  But, I am.  I lead the choir.  I do what I can when I can.  I am the Secretary of our school's Band Boosters.

As a leader, I will confess that I don't feel worthy most of the time.  It has taken me 20 years to come in to my own as choir director.  I still make mistakes.  Most of the time I am unorganized.  But, I still like directing.  I do have a desire to lead another type of group.  I would love to start a women's bible study.  My problem is finding a time, looking for material and maybe even getting help.  If this is something you would be interested in, would you let me know?  I would welcome anyone who is willing to come.  We did this once before at had a great turn out.  I think it's time to start this again.

Anyway, God has given each of us gifts and the ability to use them.  But, it is up to us to figure out how to  use them.  We each have to be patient.  Most of us are not born leaders, well at least I am not.  Not all of us are givers or encouragers (this is probably why I rarely send out cards).  We each have to rely on each other for gentle reminders, proddings and encouragements.  I think it is good that we share our gifts and that we tell the church what our gifts are.  Then we can help God's kingdom and bless everyone around us by using these spiritual gifts.

1 Corinthians 14:12
12Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment