Friday, February 4, 2011

You Are As Old As You Feel

In a few weeks I will be a little older.  Not old, mind you, but a year older.  But as the saying goes, "You are as old as you feel."  Most days, I feel I am in my twenties.  Not old enough to have a 16 year old.  But I can see in that the face in the mirror that is looking back at me has aged a little.  I do not feel wiser, that is for sure. That is because I have teenagers.   Have I learned anything in my past few years of life?  I hope so!

I have learned that sometimes making others happy is not always an option.  But making yourself happy is always an option.
I have learned that I am happy with myself. 
I have learned that I do not want to go back to school and get more knowledge.  I am not in a place in my life where that is my desire.
I am a work in progress with God.
I have learned how to read my children and what motivates them.  I am learning the same with others around me too!
I have learned that personally, I do not need a ton of friends. 
I have learned to love my church family!
I have learned that a love story comes in all shapes and sizes.

I thank God that he honors the older generation, because someday we will be part of it.  I started thinking of this on the way to work this morning.  But then I read Psalm 71 and found this verse.  I love that God will take care of me and will keep me as his own when I am more mature.

 9 Do not cast me away when I am old;
   do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment