Friday, February 25, 2011

Be the Doorman!

I am so uplifted by Psalm 84 today!  Yesterday was my birthday and I was crazy busy from the time I woke up, until I sat down on my couch at 8:30 last night.  I think I was asleep by 9:30.  Good thing I DVR'd CSI.

After that last few Psalms of crying out to God, this one is all praise to him.  I know of songs that were wrote because of inspiration of this chapter and I love that.  Another Bible verse or two, I can say I know. 

I love the tenth verse.  I would rather be the doorman for God's house, than a visitor in an evil man's tents.  That is so true.  To be the lowest on the totem pole in heaven is still better than climbing the ladder of deceit.

1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
   LORD Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints,
   for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
   for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
   and the swallow a nest for herself,
   where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
   LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
   they are ever praising you.

 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
   whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
   they make it a place of springs;
   the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength,
   till each appears before God in Zion.

 8 Hear my prayer, LORD God Almighty;
   listen to me, God of Jacob.
9 Look on our shield, O God;
   look with favor on your anointed one.

 10 Better is one day in your courts
   than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
   than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
   the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
   from those whose walk is blameless.

 12 LORD Almighty,
   blessed is the one who trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment