Friday, February 11, 2011

Affirmations May Abound

Psalm 76 is a song to God about his wrath and power.  It tells great things about what God does to those against him and how no one can stand against him.  I hate conflict.  If I do something wrong, I take the blame, right the wrong to the best of my ability, and move on.  If someone comes at me with anger or accusations, I do not put up a fight.  I am terrible at defending myself and do not want to talk out of anger.  I want to let it lie for a few days and either revisit it or it is realized that it was just not that important. 

I know a person that is not easy to work with.  This person does not like to their authority to be questioned or challenged.  If I think an instruction is clear and do it to the best of my ability, it is rarely satisfied by this person.  This has led me to realized that I am someone who needs to have an "atta-boy" thrown at me, so I know that what I am doing is okay.  It doesn't have to be every time, but when I do something at work, I need someone to say that it was fine, or no, there were things that had to be changed.  Giving an affirmation to someone doesn't have to be grand or in public, but even God likes to hear that someone appreciates his greatness and all he does for us!  So your assignment for this weekend, is tell someone that you do not normally talk to, that you appreciate something they do.  You can write them a note, or you can talk to them at church.  Just give them a little love this weekend!


 1 God is renowned in Judah;
   in Israel his name is great.
2 His tent is in Salem,
   his dwelling place in Zion.
3 There he broke the flashing arrows,
   the shields and the swords, the weapons of war.

 4 You are radiant with light,
   more majestic than mountains rich with game.
5 The valiant lie plundered,
   they sleep their last sleep;
not one of the warriors
   can lift his hands.
6 At your rebuke, God of Jacob,
   both horse and chariot lie still.

 7 It is you alone who are to be feared.
   Who can stand before you when you are angry?
8 From heaven you pronounced judgment,
   and the land feared and was quiet—
9 when you, God, rose up to judge,
   to save all the afflicted of the land.
10 Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise,
   and the survivors of your wrath are restrained.

 11 Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them;
   let all the neighboring lands
   bring gifts to the One to be feared.
12 He breaks the spirit of rulers;
   he is feared by the kings of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment