Monday, January 17, 2011

Psalms 61 & 62

Friday was so busy for me at work, that I didn't get to post a devotion.  I do not like it when I get so busy I can not get a devotion out to you. Both you and I need the encouragement from God's word.  It was a long, week for us at church, especially with the illnesses and sadness that we ended with.  Many of you have expressed your sorrow for our Christian Sister, Iona, who went to be with the Lord.  I always, always think that they are the lucky ones.  They don't have to deal with life.  They get to rest now.

In Psalm 61:3  the Psalmist says, For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.  


God is where we turn to in these times.  He is a our strength, carrying us when we can't go on.

Psalm 62:5 says, Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. 


We can find rest in God.  Our hope in everything is because of him.  Amen, and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment