Wednesday, January 26, 2011

He is Listening

Update on my Dad.  He had a blockage in the back of his heart that was 70 - 80%.  The doctor put a stent in and he is as good as new, well, as good as Dad can be.  He had to stay overnight in the hospital and will get to go home today, barring no complications.  Thanks for all your prayers.  He was already giving the nurses a hard time last night before I left.

As I read Psalm 66, I kind of feel that way about how Dad's procedure turned out.  Praise God!  He answered our prayers.  The last three verses kind of sums it up.

18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
   the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened
   and has heard my prayer.
20 Praise be to God,
   who has not rejected my prayer
   or withheld his love from me! 


 But don't forget, there are so many others to prayer for and with.  God will hear you, you have that confidence.

1 comment:

  1. if your dad is anything like mine - giving the nurses a hard time is a great sign! :)

    ReplyDelete